Wednesday 29 February 2012

Pregnancy week 6/7


Vomit.
Puke.
Sick.
Scan.
Vomit.
Puke.
Sick.

I could probably end this post right now as the above sums up my week perfectly. But I won't, 'coz I know you want the details - no carrot, just bile. Hahaha, I'm joking. Am I?

Let me start with the scan - the highlight of my week/life.
Because of my history I was told that any future pregnancies would be monitored from as early as possible, so I was able to self refer to my local EPAU and book an early scan at 7 weeks.
It was AMAZING - overwhelming.
Obviously it was still very early so we weren't able to see any more than a 'blob' but that blob was our baby, our son or daughter, and we got to see the little flickering of their heartbeat - priceless.
Everything looks very good, bubba measured in at 6.6mm and the sac/pole looked normal. The sonographer did note that I had a trace of free fluid in my POD - but I've been told that this is nothing to worry about.
Oh AND the baby measured at 6w+4 :-)

I'm so in love, SO in love.


Okay, so on to my symptoms. For those that follow me on YouTube, you will know that I had been wishing, yes WISHING, that I would experience morning sickness. Reason being that I thought it would reassure me that the pregnancy was viable and that my hormone levels were good.
My wish came true. Yay?
I didn't actually realise that morning sickness would mean physical sickness, everyday. I thought it would just reveal itself in the form of nausea, nothing more. Wrong!
Yes, my head has been down the toilet a couple of times a day since Sunday - not pretty. But I wished for it.

I have also gone completely off fruit. Which is such a bummer as I normally love fruit. At first I thought I must have just picked a bad batch of grapes, then perhaps my banana wasn't quite ripe - but when I failed to enjoy strawberries I knew that was it - my tastebuds were no longer going to allow me to enjoy fruit :-(

Well, that's everything significant for this week I think.
Thanks for your support <3

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww man, no fruit! That sucks :/ Here's hoping your tummy settles quickly and you can start to feel 'normal' again soon xx

Anonymous said...

Oh id die if i couldnt have fruit i live on fruit!!! lol

but hey as long as chocolate was still in the equation i might just be alrite!! xo

Lara said...

I bet it was amazing to finally see your lil blob, a priceless moment indeed, so are you wishing fo a boy or gir?

Hoping.Wishing.Praying said...

Oh it was so amazing Lara - so overwhelming! I am really not fussed on whether it's a boy or girl - hubby would love a boy though! x

Post a Comment